Earlier I couldn't find any inspiration for this blog, but I just kept going back to the word love. So I looked it up. And the word that was placed before it in 98% of the verses was unfailing. Unfailing love. I like that! We all get love from family and friends. And we all give love. But the best love of all is the UNFAILING love of God.
Is there any way to describe the love of God? David did in Psalm 36:5. It says: "Your unfailing love, Oh Lord, is as vast as the heavens; your faithfulness reaches beyond the clouds." As vast as the heavens. Wow.. Think about it. His unfailing love for us is as big as heaven.
You know what else is great about God's unfailing love? Even when we mess up, he still loves us. David said in Psalm 94:18 "I cried out, 'I'm slipping!' and your unfailing love, Oh Lord, supported me." Now, I look at that verse as someone who has slipped spiritually. When I have cried out, God's love was there to catch me from slipping further. Oh how amazing his love is!
He's there waiting for us to cry out. He's waiting for us to run to his open arms. He's wanting to hug us and to show how unfailing his love is. He loves us. Even the messed up ones. We just have to realize it. And once we do, we will be able to love ourselves and other more.
No comments:
Post a Comment