Thursday, January 5, 2012

I Can Only Imagine/Who Am I Living For?

 

I heard two songs today that got me thinking about things. “I Can Only Imagine” and “Who Are You Living For?”

“I Can Only Imagine” by Mercy Me

- What will Heaven look like?

- Who will I see there?

- What will God look like?

As a child, I imagined Heaven as clouds with golden paved roads built into them. I imagined God looking like King Triton from “The Little Mermaid” but with legs, not the bottom half looking like a fish. And I imaged that I would see EVERYBODY. From family members that I know and don’t know to everyone we learned about in the bible and in history class with the exception of Hilter and Stalin, which is a no brainer… HAHAHA!

But now as an adult, I feel Heaven will look like Earth. Of course, that is if I die before the rapture. I know that I have to go through the Pearly Gates and the streets will be made of gold. I’m excited to see that! I know that the people I see will be the ones that has accepted Christ into their hearts. So there is a good amount of people I will be seeing up there… :-) Now… The physical features of Christ. I still like the King Triton idea. But that is something we will have to wait for.

Another thing that I will have to wait and find out is my reaction to seeing him for the first time. That is why I love the chorus of the song:

“Surrounded by your glory, what will my heart feel? Will I dance for you, Jesus, Or in awe of you be still? Will I stand in your presence, to my knees will I fall? Will I sing Hallelujah? Will I be able to speak at all? I can only imagine.”

That is the only thing we can do, right?

“Who Am I Living For?” by Katy Perry

This song is on her “Teenage Dream” album. I finally heard it today and I was taken aback by it.

She still has her Christian beliefs though she sings secular music, considering she was raised by Evangelical Christian Missionaries.

“I can see the heavens/But I can hear the flames calling out my name// I can see the writing on the wall/ I can’t ignore this war/ At the end of the day/ Who am I living for?”

Who am I living for? I pray that I’m living for God. I’m trying to fix my flaws so I can be a better example. I’ve been told TWICE, while praying at the altar, that I need not to worry, that I am a child of God. So that puts my mind at ease.

“So I pray for favor like Esther/ I need your strength to handle the pressure/ I know there will be a sacrifice/ But that’s the price”

Favor like Esther. That is what I want. Esther had courage and boldness. Because of that, God found favor in Esther and protected her. She risked her life! I don’t have the courage to speak up about anything. But I do know if I was put in the same as Cassie Bernall, I would sacrifice myself. Cassie sacrificed herself when she was asked that fatal question. To me, Cassie was a modern day Esther. Just with a different ending.

There is going to be sacrifices. Just ask Jesus. He made the ultimate sacrifice when he died for our sins on the cross.

Who is willing to sacrifice something to live with Christ in the end? Who is willing to find out what your reaction will be when you finally meet Christ face to face?

No comments:

Post a Comment